1 teaspoon oil or ¼ cup veggie broth
1 cup small diced carrots
Pinch sea salt
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons PlantFusion Unflavored
3 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons water, or more as needed
1 teaspoon tahini
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1/3 cup raw walnuts
1 tablespoon PlantFusion Unflavored
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Pinch sea salt
*Makes one 16-ounce smoothie
- Heat up skillet with oil or broth, and then add carrots with a pinch of salt.
- Add basil, oregano and garlic and saute until carrots are tender.
- Cover with lid and stir occasionally, adding more water if the carrots begin to stick.
- Meanwhile, make the Parm Topping by blending all the ingredients together in a food processor until nuts are pulverized and crumbly.
- You want it to be like the texture of Parmesan cheese in a shaker.
- Remove from food processor and place in a jar or spice shaker.
- Add beans to the food processor (no need to clean it) along with the cooked carrots and remaining dip ingredients.
- Blend until smooth, making sure to scrape down the edges of the bowl a few times to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a decorative bowl and sprinkle some Parm Topping over the top to cover.
- Serve with crackers and veggies for dipping, or use as a spread inside a wrap.
Recipe created by Christy Morgan, The Blissful & Fit Chef