It's that time of year again — time to make resolutions and get 2019 off to a fresh start! If you're like most people, you've probably made resolutions to improve your health in the past. Some worked, and others were downright flops. So, how do you ensure your 2019 New Year’s Resolutions are successful? We've tapped into the PlantFusion community to find methods that are working for people just like you....... and we identified five potential "game changers" for healthier living in the new year.
Learn more about our invitation-only support community at the end
Why Don't Some Resolutions Work?
One reason they don't always work is because they're not designed to help you deal with the real-life challenges that you face day to day. Resolutions are often massive changes you dream of making overnight. The reality is that they are more likely to be attained by adopting small daily changes one at a time until you reach your major goal.
Let’s look at some of the big roadblocks that keep us from achieving our lifestyle transformation:
- Sugar: It's so tempting! How can you walk away when coworkers leave tasty cupcakes in the break room? Plus, how much easier is it to grab a sugar-filled snack than a healthy one?
- Fatigue: With a routine jam-packed with work and family obligations, you don't have the energy to prepare a healthy meal, let alone run on the treadmill for an hour.
- Time Limits: You have exactly 2 spare minutes to whip up breakfast before running out the door. And you have exactly 9 minutes to eat a healthy dinner. You know the feeling.
- Choices: There are so many different workout routines and diet plans out there, you may feel overwhelmed by choices... and the easiest choice is "none!"
- Lack of Motivation: Motivation is the first step towards meeting any goal, and many people aren't sure what it takes to get motivated.
The key to actually keeping your health resolutions is to create a plan that addresses these challenges, and work toward your resolution one goal at a time.
That's where PlantFusion's New Year's Toolkit comes in.
Your New Year's Healthy Toolkit
We call this the PlantFusion New Year's Toolkit, but that's a bit of a misnomer. Really, it’s your toolkit — full of tools that you can customize depending on your needs. Also, you can rely on these tools throughout the year, not just in January. It's never too late to make a change. If you feel inspired to make a change in June or August, go for it! You don't have to wait until 2020 to make it a resolution.
So, now that we've established that this is really your year-round toolkit, what tools does it contain?
- A Tool for Healthy Eating
- A Tool for Improved Fitness
A Tool to Fight Fatigue
- A Tool for Healthy Food Swaps
- A Tool for Busy Days
Combine Tools to Really Change Your Game
The most difficult jobs are seldom done with just one tool. Combine the different tools above to find a solution that fits you. For instance: use Blue Apron for healthy dinners, and make PlantFusion Complete LEAN your go-to for breakfasts. Or, you can make PlantFusion Complete Protein your healthy swap for late night desserts! Our indulgent Red Velvet Cake and Cookies N Crème flavors kick cravings to the curb.
As you use these tools to meet your New Year's Resolutions, remember to start slow. Make one small change at a time. Also, reach out to the PlantFusion community! You'll find support from people just like you, along with more tips and tools for success.
For a limited-time, we’re accepting a select number of new members to the PlantFusion Support Community on Facebook for 2019. The group is made up of hundreds of people like you who are looking for support and encouragement. It’s managed by our full-time staff of fitness coaches and nutritionists. Click here to join.