1 teaspoon oil or ¼ cup veggie broth
1 cup small diced carrots
Pinch sea salt
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons PlantFusion Unflavored
3 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons water, or more as needed
1 teaspoon tahini
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1/3 cup raw walnuts
1 tablespoon PlantFusion Unflavored
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Pinch sea salt
Heat up skillet with oil or broth, and then add carrots with a pinch of salt.
Add basil, oregano and garlic and saute until carrots are tender.
Cover with lid and stir occasionally, adding more water if the carrots begin to stick.
Meanwhile, make the Parm Topping by blending all the ingredients together in a food processor until nuts are pulverized and crumbly.
You want it to be like the texture of Parmesan cheese in a shaker.
Remove from food processor and place in a jar or spice shaker.
- Add beans to the food processor (no need to clean it) along with the cooked carrots and remaining dip ingredients.
- Blend until smooth, making sure to scrape down the edges of the bowl a few times to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a decorative bowl and sprinkle some Parm Topping over the top to cover.
- Serve with crackers and veggies for dipping, or use as a spread inside a wrap.
Recipe created by Christy Morgan, The Blissful & Fit Chef
Photos by Kate Lewis