Baked Chocolate Chip Cereal Bars
1/2 cup brown rice crispy cereal
1 scoop PlantFusion Unflavored
½ cup rolled oats
¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour
¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon flax meal whisked with 2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup chopped pecans
¼ cup chocolate chips
*Makes 8 squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cereal, PlantFusion, oats, flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Make sure your liquid ingredients are at room temperature.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flax with water and then whisk in the coconut oil, maple syrup, and applesauce (if these are not at room temperature, warm up on stove or in microwave).
- Mix wet ingredients into dry and fold together until well combined.
- Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Lightly oil a standard loaf pan and pour in mixture, smoothing over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely and then slice lengthwise down the middle and widthwise into fours.
- Serve or wrap pieces in plastic wrap for future eating.
Recipe created by Christy Morgan, The Blissful & Fit Chef
Photos by Kate Lewis